Friday, October 12, 2007

What's your story?

As I was praying this morning for a couple I know who is desperate to have a baby and has not had one yet, I was wondering what God's decision was going to be about it. Was he eventually going to grant them the child they so longed for or would he allow them to continue to experience the deep deep pain and longing unfulfilled? What was their story going to be? And would they be able to stay strong in their faith through it all?

It got me thinking of course about all our stories. We spend so much time running from the turmoil of life, when it is through the turmoil that God really ministers to us. It is also these hard experiences in our life that God uses to give other people hope. What good are we to so many hurting people in this world without hope, if we have made it through life unscathed?

I ran from my story for many years. I was angry and bitter that God didn't let me stay with my birth mother and father. I imagined that life would have been so much easier if I had formed and kept the proper attachments as a young child. What I forgot was that I would not be who I am today if it were not for the experiences he allowed me to have back then and that he can use these hurts and broken things in my life to minister to others if I will let him. If I can find victory in my past then he can use me even more.

So.....what's your story?

No comments: